In order to accommodate the requirements of the federal Affordable Care Act, Sage is releasing a new version of Payroll this month—version 7.2.
Here are some key facts to keep in mind:
· Version 7.2 is compatible with System Manager 2012, 2014, and the new version 2016 that Sage expects to release in late October.
· Version 7.2 will include the ability to prepare, print, and file IRS Forms 1094-C and 1095-C. The Sage “My Workforce Analyzer” tool will be included to assist with the gathering and preparation of required data.
· All users must upgrade to Payroll 7.2 by December 31, 2015—BUT please schedule your upgrade as soon as possible!
· Users on version 6.0 must upgrade their entire system by December 31, 2015.
· Sage is discontinuing support for Payroll versions 6.0, 7.0, and 7.1. Customers on these versions will no longer get tax table updates.
To support your efforts to upgrade to the new version of Payroll 7.2, Sage has announced that as of October 1, 2015, Business Partners will be able to download the software prior to its general availability. The download of this prerelease does not require the standard activation code or expiration date, and the 30-day free trial can be used to get you started. When Payroll 7.2 is fully launched later in October, Sage will provide users with a standard license key.
For current Infoman clients:
If you have any questions about Payroll 7.2, please contact us at 425.673.9299. We will be happy to assist you with the upgrade; just give us a call and we’ll schedule a date and time that works for you.
Thank you for being a valued client of Infoman!
John Burgess and the Infoman team